Aronnax is an idealised and easily configurable isopycnal ocean circulation model. Aronnax can be run as either a reduced gravity model with n + 1/2 layers, or with n layers and variable bathymetry.
- Easy to install on a laptop or a compute node, including without administrative privileges.
- Easy to configure. All parameters, including grid size, are specified at runtime in a simple configuration file or function call.
- Easy to use. Aronnax can be run from the shell as a Python script.
- Easy to learn and understand, with extensive online documentation, including a complete description of the physics and the numerics.
- Verified. Aronnax successfully reproduces published results from idealised models appearing in the literature.
- Fast. The main integration loop is a Fortran program, wrapped in Python for convenient use.
- 1. The Aronnax Model
- 2. Installation
- 3. Input generation
- 4. Running Aronnax
- 5. Output
- 6. Examples
- 7. Verification
- 8. Benchmarking
- 9. Development